On our fifteenth anniversary, Mark had a sweet card and a milestone-marking gift for me. And I had nothing for him.
We thought maybe an iron deficiency or adrenaline fatigue might explain why I was barely getting the main family tasks done before crashing, why my brain had no space for creativity, why getting up in the morning was a bigger task than usual. We marked our anniversary with serious and tearful conversation, but there was a change in the atmosphere.
Three months later we were away together again, this time for a wedding of a dear one. Not many people celebrate the fifteenth-and-one-quarter anniversary, but I declared that we would; this time I had a card and present to give. We took the time to celebrate doing what we had promised each other 15.25 years ago - that we would love each other through good times and bad, in sickness and in health.
Mark has fought for me this summer and continues to do so. He prays for me, protects me, encourages me, empowers me. We are working out what it looks like to help each other flourish, and we are finding marriage to be more precious than ever.
Happy 15th and a quarter, B. I love you.
* * * * *
You know I love a good travel-back-in-time...
Happy 15.25 to a terrific couple!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dad! <3
DeleteCelebrating with you these 15+ years of adventures and looking forward to the stories that are yet to come!! Love you bunches, Mom 💕
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Delete