sick day rules

Today the boys don't have school, and I'm working a low-grade fever, day 3.

These days are actually good to have every once in a while because you get permission to loosen your ties to responsibility in a way that doesn't undermine your future.  ("Mom, you let us watch a cartoon AND a movie last Friday, why can't we now?"  "Because I was sick last Friday, and today I'm not."  BOOM.)

So the boys are watching a cartoon before breakfast.  This afternoon, I plan to introduce them to the movie HOOK.  For lunch, we are probably going to use McDonald's gift cards that a friend gave them for Valentine's Day, if I feel like driving.  If not, we'll do what we did for yesterday's (half day of school!) lunch: make your own sandwich while the mama watches from the couch.


Yesterday, I could not muster up the energy to be the peace-maker in a basketball argument, so I said, "Everyone sit on the couch and watch the Olympics."  Which yielded the funniest comment of the day: "Best consequence EVER!"

Sick day rules make sick days rule.


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...