A Home Tour: the Kitchen

Welcome to our kitchen.


This is the happy corner.

I have wanted some kind of hanging system for kids' artwork ever since I saw the IKEA version that my sister-in-law Jenny had.  IKEA was not a part of our rural living life, though, so it never did happen.  Now that we live relatively close to an IKEA, we put it on our list, found it, and then panicked because we are not very good at installing, well, anything.  So we came up with an idea we felt more comfortable with - hanging curtain rods! - and put the IKEA rings and clips on those.  

Julian's preschool has the most darling crafts, so we are never without fresh display possibilities.


I have fabric to make a curtain for the door window, but right now the wreath is working it, giving us privacy and light at the same time.  My procrastinating self says, "Thanks, wreath!" 


The kitchen is the first (read: only) room we have painted so far in our nearly 17 months in this house, and it took weeks to accomplish.  In full honesty - we still haven't moved the oven to paint behind it, so technically this room isn't even finished.  But we were hosting a holiday party and time was running out, so I carefully painted around the oven and now will have to summon up some hidden willpower to see the job through.


There's my kitchen helper!  He is a big fan of cooking and baking, mostly because there is always something to taste-test.  And because he likes to sing, "Mommy's a mess-maker!  Mommy's a mess-maker!"  Because I am.


Painting the kitchen made such an atmospheric change that I am becoming more open to tackling other rooms.  The dining room might be next, though I first need to research ideas involving the chair rail.  Dining room tour here.


Living room tour here.


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...