Top Posts of 2016

The last week of the year is one of my favorites, filled with reflecting and goal-setting.  I have notebook pages in process with Lara Casey's 2017 Goal Setting guidelines, a good idea of what word will guide my 2017, and, for fun, I just finished looking over the blog stats for the year.  Like last year, looking at the top posts of 2016 ended up being a special blessing. We have readers who enjoy our children (such as the interest in their Lego elections), care for our family (as evidenced by the steady attention to posts about our move and adjustment), and resonate with some of the thoughts rattling around in my head.  The year might not have seen much writing on the blog, but it was a gift to be here in this space with you yet again.

Top IndiansandPirates Posts of 2016

always with us | August: "When Mark and I arrived to a home with a yard in 2003, I excitedly plotted out a sunny spot for those daisies; for thirteen years, I have been watching them grow and spread.  But in a few weeks, I will dig up a box-worth of roots in hopes that these happy flowers will thrive in a new home..."

 Two Weeks Later | September: "It is supposed to take around six months to deal with the emotional unrest of a move, so I guess we are looking at 24 more weeks.  During this transition time, I am purposing to make a running list of the good we see as we travel through it; for even in the unrest, God is constant and faithful..."

On Carrying and Making Home | June: "One of the nights we were away, Julian was sadly missing his own bed in his own house, and as we snuggled, I spent time thinking about how I feel at home wherever the six of us are together.  Yet when we walked in the door last night and all knew what to do and where to go, I knew a bit more of what he was feeling.  Home is being together, but it is also the place you make together..."

Casual Friday 2.26.16 | February: "Lego Land is in the midst of caucuses and primaries here in our house..."

the two sides of vulnerability | October: "The call came out of the blue.  An acquaintance on the other line, shyly explaining the reason for her reaching out: she was currently in the middle of a physical situation that was similar to one our family had experienced, and she hoped we would pray..."

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...