Casual Picture of the Week:
We went on a fun adventure hike for Mother's Day. Everyone enjoying being together? That's my kind of gift. (I also, though, got an awesome shirt for Mother's Day. It reads: "Abs are cool, but have you tried donuts?" Perfection.)
What I am reading: I just finished When Breath Becomes Air, and I cannot stop thinking about my main take-away. I am bound to blog about it, so be forewarned. Our trip to the library this week yielded not just one but two books from my Pinterest "To Read" board, which is actually a little cruel to have done to myself, since my family still needs me to feed and care for them...
Links I liked this week: I was asked recently what I enjoy doing hobby-wise. After some possibly awkward silence as I thought about the question, I realized and answered accordingly that I get great joy when I make something out of what seems like nothing. And these two posts, here and here, sum up a little bit of why.
"That's how it is with simple living. A gander through what we already have often produces what we need. Making do is worth just as much as making more. The quiet humility tucked inside this understanding is sweetly settling." ~Carmella Rayone
What is making a difference in this mama's life: Quick online pilates workouts. A friend clued me in to these quite a while ago, and I am finally making regular use of them. Ten minutes is long enough to feel like I am taking some time for my own health, but short enough for Julian to still think it is fun to watch/imitate/lie on Mommy while she tries to do ab work. (But have you tried donuts?)
What I am looking forward to this weekend: We have some fun things to attend/participate in, but I am really just looking forward to time together, both parents in tandem. We do this life better together.
Comments
Post a Comment
{Please help us maintain a little bit of internet anonymity by not including our last name in your comments.}