I hear the sound of long pieces of tape being yanked out, and I know the elves are at work again. Gifts keep appearing under the tree, and tape keeps going on my to-buy list. A gift says "to Steph" because a son just proudly learned how to spell my first name. Julian sees the sphere-gift but refuses to guess what it is and calls it "my present". The anticipation is building, and I am reminded of the privilege it is to witness their joy.
I hear the sound of long pieces of tape being yanked out, and I know the elves are at work again. Gifts keep appearing under the tree, and tape keeps going on my to-buy list. A gift says "to Steph" because a son just proudly learned how to spell my first name. Julian sees the sphere-gift but refuses to guess what it is and calls it "my present". The anticipation is building, and I am reminded of the privilege it is to witness their joy.

Comments
Post a Comment
{Please help us maintain a little bit of internet anonymity by not including our last name in your comments.}