Most of you know that doughnuts are one of my love languages. Well, evidently, watching someone enjoy their very first doughnut speaks that language, too, because I had so much fun making that possible for the big J. He seems to have felt the love, too. FPIES-appropriate doughnut for the win!
(These doughnuts also appeared in the boys' lunches, making me halfway to being a kind and loving mom.)
(These doughnuts also appeared in the boys' lunches, making me halfway to being a kind and loving mom.)
* * * * *
Eli and I recently had a discussion about the proper spelling of doughnut/donut. I found out that I use them interchangeably. So, time for an informal survey - comment below with the spelling that feels right deep down to you. Who knows - maybe we'll pull a name from the commenters, and the winner will get a not-sure-how-to-spell-it-but-that-round-culinary-delight-that-makes-me-feel-loved. Our next attempts are going to be blueberry-glazed and chocolate-cake...
For your informal survey on the pastry which sometimes has a hole in the middle.....I prefer DONUT...(it`s shorter to spell!)
ReplyDeleteAnd the local shop that sells them here is called "Dunkin Donuts" :-)
My favorite shop!!! Hope we get to eat donuts with you soon, Aunt Hennie!
Delete