Double Digits


Who is this grown-up boy smiling at me?  I have questions like that come to mind often, like:  How did he get big enough to steal my flip-flops?  Why is this child able to take up the entire length of the bed?  When did my baby's clothes start getting so large to fold?  Where is this mature wisdom coming from?

You, my first born, have proven to me the speed of time.  Every October, I admire the autumnal beauty and then inevitably find my mind drifting to the first October when all of this autumn goodness became brighter - 2004.  And as I reminisce about that day, that month, the following months, I quickly calculate how many of those Octobers we have had together - and my heart skips.

Ten.  You are ten.  That means this is my eleventh October to spend with you.  I am a lucky lady.

Eli, you are loved more than we in our messes and humanness can ever show.  Thank you for the grace you give, the joy you bring, and the hope you help to plant deep in my heart.  Happy tenth birthday, Lije!

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...