time for s'more random tidbits

  • Julian has been teething this week, which I am hoping is the reason why he has thought naps are bad ideas and mornings should start at 2 am.  But tooth number 4 has now officially arrived - and so has full-out crawling!  Life as we knew it (and by we, I really mean the boys who still think they can keep their Lego creations on the floor) is over.  The Big J will be a whopping 8 months old tomorrow. (I think he should celebrate by sleeping in - until at least 6am!)

  • Sunday afternoon, Eli asked if he could make cupcakes.  From scratch.  And he did - vanilla cupcakes and homemade whipped cream frosting.  He is soon going to be taking over all birthday endeavors around here!  It was a special, unplanned quality time event for the two of us - but everyone won because of it!  (Click here for a great post that I read on five ways to have one-on-one time with kids.  #4 is bake together!  Retroactive bonus points for me!) 
 

  • I could listen to this song over and over again.  I have had an iTunes card since my birthday that I haven't known what to do with; now I know.  

  • This week, I have skyped with my best friend, had an ongoing/encouraging/motivating online dialogue with 2 friends in similar life-situations, and had a spontaneous girl get-together at my house. Tomorrow I have a phone call with a long-distance friend and dessert out with a close-distance friend.  I am usually thrilled to have one or two such experiences in a week - this week is so full of goodness!  Inspired by the week, I've decided to go into the Lenten season intentionally giving up various time-takers to then create pockets of time specifically for building relationships - minutes to write a letter, make a phone call, play a board game, stop by with a gift, surprise the boys in the cafeteria.  Should I feel like I haven't had enough "me" time, I'll remember the One who humbled himself.  Should I feel like I have gained far more than I've given up, I'll remember the One who came so that we might have abundant life.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...