Memories of Baltimore

This time last year, we were in the midst of a month+ of living away from home, staying in Baltimore as Ish went through the hardest of his medical journey.  I know that when I look back on that time, I remember the pain-filled nights, the hard therapies, being separated as a family - and the peace and strength of God.  I was curious what my boys remembered, so I asked them.  I thought you would enjoy the simple answers of children, and the proof that Jesus kept their hearts safe and soft.

Ish:

1.  ping-pong
(During the actual month away, Ish played ping-pong from his wheelchair, with me trying to zip him around to get the ball.  So no free hands for pictures then; here's one from a return trip.)

2.  fruit-loops and milk at therapy

3.  the playroom

4.  the elevator

5.  King Kevin, hero and "my best friend"


Toby:

1.  hide and seek in the playroom

2.  pretending to be knights

3.  "the noodle place" (aka Noodles and Co.)

4.  Easter baskets, ham dinner, and Mr. Bill the Easter Dog

5.  watching cartoons at therapy

Eli:

1.  the carrot bat from Ms. Amy and Ellie

2.  the Top of the World

3.  Miss Amy at the H-P House

4.  the dragon boats

5. Seeing Miguel Cabrera in the lobby

As far as these boys are concerned, that massive life event of ours last year was filled with vacation moments.  What a gift of grace, that they show the growth from the challenge but do not bear the scars.  




Comments

  1. I love these boys to pieces. I cannot, cannot wait to see them this summer and to introduce Elliot to their awesome PA cousins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all cannot, cannot wait to see you all this summer and to love on Elliot IN PERSON! :)

      Delete
    2. Aunt Steph...Elliot is in a super, super cuddly stage right now. When you hold him, he puts his head on your shoulder and then pats your shoulder. We will try to keep up this stage so that you can enjoy it also (that, and mommy loves the extra stuggles!)

      Delete
  2. We like the noodle place too! Glad you all have good memories from that challenging time- God is good! And seeing, Cabrera...that's pretty awesome too! :)

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eli, This is a question for you: How did you see Miguel Cabrera in the lobby? Was he there as a baseball player in uniform or as a regular guy? How did you recognize him? Being a non-sportie I had to look him up on the net to even know who the heck he was. Your knowledge of all things baseball (any ball probably) amazes me. Go team!
    Miss Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw him as a regular person. He was playing a game and was staying at the hotel with his family. Dad recognized him first because he saw him before me. The workers at the hotel were nice and gave ice cream sandwiches to everyone who came in.

      Eli

      Delete

Post a Comment

{Please help us maintain a little bit of internet anonymity by not including our last name in your comments.}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...