Casual Friday 2.8.13

Legos are the favorite either bring-all-the-boys-together or make-everyone-testy toys of our house.  The boys have a city built, and they act out long tales of robbers stealing mining equipment, doctors performing surgeries, firemen rescuing the city from a burning tower.  So I wasn't really surprised to round the corner and see a Lego City Potluck going on...


Legos were the toys that brought my brothers and I together the most, so my boys have heard stories of what we would build (without directions!) and how we made things strong.  Eli wanted me to make sure that Uncle Tim and Uncle Ben saw pictures of his attempt to make a Golden-Gate-inspired bridge for the town pond.




Toby just pictures things in his mind and gets building, oblivious to how complicated his creations become.  Eli and I both couldn't get over this most recent build of his:



Ish loves it, too - especially the basketball court.  He sets up as many fans as possible and then gives them an action-packed game to watch.


Happy weekend, everyone!

Comments

  1. Our grown up son was (and probably still is)an avid LEGO builder. Seeing Toby's moving vehicle creation brings back very fond memories. And the sound that only LEGOS can make when they are in a container and being combed through to find the exact part needed! Thanks for the memories kids...somethings are timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the potluck!!! :)
    ~Aunt Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toby showed Brynn snd I the city he is saving for on the computer today. He also gave us a run down about. So cute. He was so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love seeing the boys' creativity!!
    LOVE the Lego Potluck!!!
    Papa and Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bridge is very impressive indeed! I like the details like the boat going underneath too.

    I'm thinking with the impressive engineering of Toby's SUV/Tank, it could cross the bridge in no time! Driver probably is going to Ish's primetime basketball game too, no doubt! :)

    Good job guys!
    Uncle Ben

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

{Please help us maintain a little bit of internet anonymity by not including our last name in your comments.}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...