1. He can eat something and accurately guess at least three flavors. "Is there basil in this? Olive oil? Some salt?"
2. He has made improvements to our baking with suggestions like, "What if we try adding butterscotch chips?"
3. There are numerous Saturday mornings when I walk out to the kitchen to see him decked out as above, with the cookbook open to pancakes, ready to roll.
4. When we're at a hotel, he asks to watch Food Network instead of cartoons. He thinks Guy Fieri is phenomenal.
5. When he was "little" (3 years old), he saw a Giada cooking show and was totally mesmerized. Someone asked him a question, and he said, "Shhh. The princess is cooking."
Bonus fact: He is intensely curious about the ingredients of Sheetz boom boom (hot dog) sauce, but has never gotten far at identifying the flavors due to his uncontrollable giggling at the name.

Mark's college-aged cousin met Giada once in DC and he and his whole group of buddies were starstruck and speechless. apparently she's quite mesmerizing in person as well :)
ReplyDeleteI believe it. :)
DeleteWha a guy! I like the same two. I said if I could make a wish, I would like to
ReplyDeleteride with Guy Fieri on one of his trips. I like to watch his show. Giada is
beauiful and has a great show. Love the pictures. vrh
Oooh, a ride in the convertible. Great idea! I think Toby would join you.
Delete