Cards with Care

My dear friend Sheryl, former college roommie and buddy extraordinaire, lives in New Jersey, right in the midst of the Sandy turmoil.  The last time that she and I talked, she still had neighbors without power, yet her lights are now on.  Every time I think about that, I just picture her family home as a little neighborhood aid center, for her neighbors know that those doors are open to all.

Sheryl and her husband both work in jobs that give them opportunity to know others' stories and to help them.  Sheryl is a director for Mothers of Preschools, International (MOPS), and through that she has made a connection with a mom of a preschooler in Staten Island who has literally lost everything.  So Sheryl and her fellow MOPS friends are starting today to collect gift cards to enable this mom to begin again.

You know what I would love?  I would love to send Sheryl a big package of gift cards, so many that she and her friends would have more than enough to help this Staten Island mom, more than enough to help others.

Have you been looking around since the hurricane, even more aware of your blessings and wishing you could do something for those affected by the storm?  You could:

1.  Add a gift card to the package.
2.  Give some money towards a gift card.
3.  Write an encouraging note that could be given to those receiving gift cards.

If you would like to get involved or have some more questions, please comment below or email us at indiansandpirates@gmail.com. 

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...