Tonight, Eli and I were talking about this whole Cards with Care idea, and he finally fully understood the reality that this Staten Island family lost EVERYTHING.
Everything.
Please, please, please join me in loving on this family.
Here's the review of the ways you can help them:
1. Give a gift card to Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, KMart, or Target. Email indiansandpirates@gmail.com to find out where to send it.
2. If you want to help but don't have the means to donate a full gift card, you can give even just a few bucks toward the purchase of one. Again, email indiansandpirates@gmail.com for more information.
3. Write an encouraging note. I would LOVE to have a personal note for each gift card, consequently meeting not just physical needs but emotional needs, too. Email indiansandpirates@gmail.com for the mailing address.
Please help us dream big for this family.
Here is what I know; when my children ask for money, it comes in like a flood. I am not cute, I am not innocent - and I am realizing that I am not as effective in raising funds as my kids are. But my heart hurts for this five-year-old little one who no longer has a house. For the mother who is grieving her own loss while helping a child process this total life-change. So as a mother of a five-year-old, I present these requests.
Comments
Post a Comment
{Please help us maintain a little bit of internet anonymity by not including our last name in your comments.}