Ish's pre-op paperwork arrived in Baltimore today, so we're going for it. We talk with thinly-veiled hope that everything will point toward fixator removal, but even if that doesn't happen, we are really eager for another doctor's appointment - we have a bazillion questions about the state of the fixators and the legs that they are protecting.
And so we prepare to go.
I have had a few people ask if we had already started packing or were pretty well packed; so, after I recovered from nearly choking on my gum, I thought I'd take some time to post what "packing" looks like the day before an early departure.
{Which really is indicative of my entire approach to packing - PROCRASTINATION.}
Seriously though, road trips that are somewhere in the neighborhood of five hours travel are getting old hat for us, and so is the packing for them. I do plan the snacks, etc. ahead of time so that I can get what we need during a regular grocery shopping trip, and I do make lists of what I might forget if it wasn't staring at me from the wall:
That might seem silly, but I really think that I could have forgotten the wheelchair if I hadn't written it down. Just like I have forgotten wedding presents when travelling solely for a wedding - and that is unfortunately not an isolated incident.
So we woke up this morning with a list and a cabinet of snacks. Mark worked, I taught some piano lessons, the boys pretended that they were "Tiger, Phil, and Bubba" and played 18 holes of indoor golf. Ish and I made muffins to take for our breakfasts:
This afternoon, I kept the laundry going and the fellas and I organized their trip kits, something I might post about in the future:
Now it is 10:30pm. Departure in 9 hours - most of those I shall hopefully sleep through - and the laundry is finally finished, the suitcases are still in the attic, and the only thing I have truly packed is our trusty diaper box of food.
And so we prepare to go.
I have had a few people ask if we had already started packing or were pretty well packed; so, after I recovered from nearly choking on my gum, I thought I'd take some time to post what "packing" looks like the day before an early departure.
{Which really is indicative of my entire approach to packing - PROCRASTINATION.}
Seriously though, road trips that are somewhere in the neighborhood of five hours travel are getting old hat for us, and so is the packing for them. I do plan the snacks, etc. ahead of time so that I can get what we need during a regular grocery shopping trip, and I do make lists of what I might forget if it wasn't staring at me from the wall:
That might seem silly, but I really think that I could have forgotten the wheelchair if I hadn't written it down. Just like I have forgotten wedding presents when travelling solely for a wedding - and that is unfortunately not an isolated incident.
So we woke up this morning with a list and a cabinet of snacks. Mark worked, I taught some piano lessons, the boys pretended that they were "Tiger, Phil, and Bubba" and played 18 holes of indoor golf. Ish and I made muffins to take for our breakfasts:
At lunch, I declared smorgasboard! and put everything out on the counter that could possibly go bad without our attention for a few days. Eli's plate is below - he ate all of this plus some applesauce. A few years from now, if you haven't seen me for a while, you'll know I'm just stuck in the kitchen because I have three boys who just don't stop eating.This afternoon, I kept the laundry going and the fellas and I organized their trip kits, something I might post about in the future:
Now it is 10:30pm. Departure in 9 hours - most of those I shall hopefully sleep through - and the laundry is finally finished, the suitcases are still in the attic, and the only thing I have truly packed is our trusty diaper box of food.
This is how we do it.
For the procrastination approach to packing.....I am IMPRESSED!
ReplyDeleteThis comment coming from one who "asked you if your were packed yet?!
Ms. Beth :o)
P.S. Now I know how it's DONE!