New Normal

Our new normal is feeling quite normal these days, and we've all been so grateful. 

Toby and Ish have - for the most part - agreed to some kind of peace treaty and are the sweetest of friends.  Just yesterday in the midst of playing, Toby must have had some brother-love bubble up inside of himself, because right after saying, "Nope!  Go Fish!" he said, "I just love Ishy." 

Ish has become a liberal hugger and cheek-kisser.  He tells me I'm so beautiful, and he says, "Oh - Toby's so cute!"  (And when he says cute, he evidently means handsome - because no one is offended.) 

Eli is soaking up family time.  We linger at the dinner table telling funny stories, and he laughs so hard that his eyes water.  He watches for Mark to come home from work, eager to start a living room baseball game; and he and I have finally returned to our nightly read-alouds.

Mark's been his usual patient and loving self.  He gets the coffee all ready for my morning cup, strong-arms me out of dish duty, is in-the-moment with these boys of his, and takes his place as the running caboose to our bicycle parades. 

As for me, I've been so happy to see more peace, more patience, more YES's from me.  Not that everything has been rosy or simple - I've been a little surprised this week, actually, at the adjustment period I'm having from the more single-minded focus in Baltimore (basically, just take care of Ish and keep him comfortable) to the multi-tasking life that is here at home.  My jaw is a bit sore from subconscious clenching, which is my body's way of letting me know that even though I've felt like everything is going well, internally I've been feeling a bit of pressure.  So I'm working on slow-chewing gum and remembering that there is nothing big enough to take the peace that is mine in Jesus

*Ish and I took these pictures on our walks from the hospital housing to therapy in Baltimore.  They were bits of peace in the midst of our days there.*

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...