today's sound bytes

Sound samples of the day...

~"Bye, E-I!  Bye, Daddy!  Love you!" (As Daddy and Eli left the house, heading for school and work.)  This was then followed by a door opening and Eli saying, "We're ba-ack!" (Flooding closed school for the day.  Second year in a row that we were late getting into the check-the-internet-before-breakfast-for-school-updates mode.)

~"No - don't sit on your brother.  No, he doesn't want to wrestle.  You need to blow your nose.  You just had breakfast - you need to wait a little before you have a snack.  Do you need to use the bathroom?  Don't talk like that to your mother.  Wait - only throw squishy balls.  Go stand over there while I vacuum up the glass." (This would be the mama from 8:30-10:00.  We are all glad that the whole family decided to have a turn-around after 10 this morning.  Daddy wants it to be known that none of these things had to be said to him.  He was workin' hard; see the next sound byte.)

~"Hi, this is Pastor Mark. I'm just calling..." (Daddy taking the phone battery down bazillions of times today as the floods meant work-from-home-and-cancel-all-evening-church-activities-the-old-fashioned-way.)

~"No boys allowed! No boys allowed!"  (Somehow the clubhouse that the boys were making turned into a place just for Mommy?  This declaration was soon edited to be "No other boys allowed!  No other boys allowed!")

~"I'm a cowboy!  I'm widin' my horse.  Wook at me!  Hee-haw!" (A classic Toby spin on the cowboy phrase, Yee-Haw.)

~Intense giggling as the boys surprised Daddy with an indoor snowball fight.

~"Hope!"  "Jesus!"  "He who promised is FAITHFUL!" (All 3 boys answering questions about this week's advent candle.)

~Eli playing Oh Christmas Tree and Deck the Halls on the piano because the songs matched our evening activity.

~"Daaaaa-deeeee.  Daaaaa-deeeee.  Where-are-you, Daddy?!  Daaaa-deeee."  (Ish, fighting bedtime, calling out from behind his bedroom door with great perseverance.)

~Quiet. Because all 3 boys are sleeping. For now.

Comments

  1. There doesn't seem to be an overabundance of downtime during the daylight hours at this house.

    Mimi and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tired, needed a nap, and had a headache after the first paragraph!
    It`s amazing, Steph, how much you can remember after all that goes on and all that is said throughout your days! (VERY unlike your Aunt Hennie!)
    AWESOME!
    xoxo
    Aunt Hennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for the record, Mark and I wrote this one together - he does have the "better remembering head" than I. And it is my poor memory that led to me sitting down to type it out before it slipped away...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

{Please help us maintain a little bit of internet anonymity by not including our last name in your comments.}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...