Quality of Life

When I don’t keep my eyes on Jesus,

I whine about all that I have to do,
     all that I have to give up,
          all that I wish was different.

I think of myself more than others,
     put my wants over others’ wants,
          notice my needs more than others’ needs.

I worry about how I sound,
     how I look,
          how I appear.

I stay busy trying to measure up,
     trying to push through the emptiness,
         trying to do everything.

But when I keep my eyes on Jesus?
I live with hope, love, joy, and peace.

  
“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
John 10:10

Comments

  1. Hi! I saw your comment on my blog and thought I would click over. I'm so glad I did. This post, oh, I needed to be reminded today. Funny how we have to grab hold of Jesus anew every day..our eyes so quickly divert back to ourselves and our circumstances. Thank you for this. Nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

{Please help us maintain a little bit of internet anonymity by not including our last name in your comments.}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...