To our dear ones,
Elijah.
Tobias.
Ishmael.
We are watching you grow up, watching you develop your own interests, your own skills, your own successes. We can see these different personalities, different choices, different ways of interacting with others. We marvel at the uniqueness, the craftsmanship, the miracle of brothers.
There will be a day - many of them, most likely – when you will hear something said carelessly that could lead you to believe that you have to be like one of your brothers to be good enough, liked enough, held above the rest. And we want to go on record right now - before your ears are fine-tuned to others’ opinions - to say that your Dad and Mom want you to be you. We love you for you. You were created to be you. Not to be like an older brother or a younger brother but to be you. There is specific God-design in you meant to shine brightly and uniquely for the glory of Jesus, and we declare that we will proudly support whatever that means for you,
Elijah.
Tobias.
Ishmael.
This is a song for you, to carry in your pocket
take all our love with you in all the paths you walk in
I can't say your life will always go like it should
but I can say that God is always good
and when the cold wind blows like I know it will
and when you feel alone like I know you will
and when the cold wind blows like we know it will
Don't let your love grow
Don't let your love grow
Don't let your love grow cold
~from Sara Groves’ Song for My Sons


Mark and Steph what a precious gift to offer your boys! I remember when I found this song by Sara Groves and shared it with you as I thought the words sounded as if they could have come from your hearts and spoken to your own boys....
ReplyDeleteMr.Dean and I stand with you in prayer that each of the boys will be encouraged and supported to be who they were created to be! Uniquely different and made to give pleasure to the Father who created them for His purposes!
Love, Dean & Beth