... Daddy's keen observation skills prevented a fire.
The family is seated in the dining room, finishing up dinner. The daddy says, "Um, is there a reason that the lamp is smoking?" To which the mommy somewhat sarcastically replies, "Well, there's probably a ball in it!"
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh but... HAHAHAHAHA! This has to be one of my favorite of your boy stories yet. I can't wait to show it to Andy. =)Especially since A.) It's fire prevention week - what a coincidence. B.) Nelly was just looking for some of our toy balls yesterday and a house hunt found them tucked in odd places all over the house. She immediately assumed your boys had done it when they were here for her party and found it quite amusing.
ReplyDeleteIsh referred to this lamp as a basketball hoop today... Not a good sign... :)
ReplyDeletei think it was 2 years ago shortly after the fire prevention stuff came home from preschool i started a fire with the kitchen stove...i decided it was a good idea to make crackers for daddy. i went to grab the pan and must've had a thin spot in the hot pad b/c i burned the crap outta my hand. I imediately dropped the pan and some fell down under the bottom of the stove through the heat vent. I thought nothing of it till the fire alarm went off and i remembered them. aparently they caught fire by the pilot and there were flames shooting out of the vent into the oven...yeah rich wasn't happy and the kids were all saying we needed to call the fire department.
ReplyDelete