36. As I type, my husband is at a guitar lesson. Bass guitar. Did you know that I'm married to a rock star? Makes me smile every time I think of that bass that shares closet space with my sweaters.
37. Toby and a friend last night were playing a board game. Toby bumped something of J's, turned to J, and said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that! I weally didn't!" And J responded with some inside joke about blankies, and they dissolved into laughter.
38. Last week I decided to get serious about praying that God would set the schedule for my day. And He has. And when I follow His schedule - JOY.
39. Ish has been having some increased pain lately; this seems to go in cycles, and we're in the midst of one that affects his sleeping. Two nights ago, after a few rough hours, we gave him Motrin and he slept for 6 straight hours! Last night Ish had a good long stretch, too - but only because he somehow was able to get his bedroom door open (sleep-deprived Mommy isn't sure that she closed it all the way when going in to comfort him one of the times that evening) sometime after 1am, sneak into his parents' room, climb into their bed, and steal most of his dad's side of the bed without either parent realizing it until 5 hours later. When we were all awake, we said, "Ish, did you sneak into our bed?" He laughed and gave a hearty "yay-yah!"
40. We went to a high school volleyball game this week, and one of Eli's kindergarten friends sat with him. Mark and I watched these two as they slumped in the bleachers like teenagers, sharing tic-tacs and laughing about the loud buzzer. E's doing well, and he's surrounded by great kids. JOY.
37. Toby and a friend last night were playing a board game. Toby bumped something of J's, turned to J, and said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that! I weally didn't!" And J responded with some inside joke about blankies, and they dissolved into laughter.
38. Last week I decided to get serious about praying that God would set the schedule for my day. And He has. And when I follow His schedule - JOY.
39. Ish has been having some increased pain lately; this seems to go in cycles, and we're in the midst of one that affects his sleeping. Two nights ago, after a few rough hours, we gave him Motrin and he slept for 6 straight hours! Last night Ish had a good long stretch, too - but only because he somehow was able to get his bedroom door open (sleep-deprived Mommy isn't sure that she closed it all the way when going in to comfort him one of the times that evening) sometime after 1am, sneak into his parents' room, climb into their bed, and steal most of his dad's side of the bed without either parent realizing it until 5 hours later. When we were all awake, we said, "Ish, did you sneak into our bed?" He laughed and gave a hearty "yay-yah!"
40. We went to a high school volleyball game this week, and one of Eli's kindergarten friends sat with him. Mark and I watched these two as they slumped in the bleachers like teenagers, sharing tic-tacs and laughing about the loud buzzer. E's doing well, and he's surrounded by great kids. JOY.
Comments
Post a Comment
{Please help us maintain a little bit of internet anonymity by not including our last name in your comments.}