2014: Bridge-Building

"...not trying to remove barriers of motherhood but building a bridge over them - not attempting to make it perfect or nothing; attempting to adapt with your situation. What really is not working and why?  Are there small adjustments that could be made?  Have I given up in certain areas that need my attention?  Am I being lazy?" ~Lisa Byrne

As always tends to happen with the start of a new calendar, the promise of new/better/change grows in my mind, in my heart.  And then within hours of the new year's beginning, something happens that reminds me yet again that I can't script the setting in which I want resolutions to play out.

Earlier last year, I listened to a podcast with the above-quoted statements.  Those words have continued banging around in my heart each time I catch myself dreaming of a day when the stars align and my goals can be met.  Because we all know that if one makes it perfect or nothing, nothing happens 100%.

So this year, I resolve not to make any perfect or nothing goals but rather to build bridges.  To see what "small, consistent, smart shifts could truly make a difference in how I (feel) and (experience} life" (more Lisa Byrne).

I've got some areas in mind for bridge-building, and I am having to boss myself around so I don't jump into trying to smart-shift every area at once.  I love the quick fix, but building bridges has never been a speedy endeavor.

I want to look at each area: list the barriers, explore my expectations, examine my heart motives, and then select some adjustments to try.

First area up for scrutiny?  The day that can be the most physically and emotionally challenging day for me: Sundays.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...